Boasting a strong brand name and a loyal customer base, Office Depot Europe operates in 14 European countries across three main activities and brands: "Viking," Contract, and Retail. Under the prestigious "Viking" brand, the company is a leading vendor in six product areas: office supplies, printing and document services, paper, computers and printers, business services like facility management, and office furniture, with direct sales to over 1.2 million small and mid-sized firms in ten European countries via the online channel, mail order, and call centers. The main markets for "Viking" are the region covering Germany, Austria, and Switzerland, plus the UK. The Contract segment, which boasts an attractive and loyal customer base together with a stable distribution network, maintains contracts to supply over 100,000 large business customers and corporations in the main markets in the UK, Benelux/France, Germany, Austria, and Switzerland. The Retail segment sells products under the strong Office Depot brand to over 600,000 active customers in over 100 stores and online.
For our team in Venlo (Netherlands) we are looking for a
Procurement Manager Non-Trade (m/f)
The Procurement Manager Non-Trade will establish a credible category management approach that drives value. Formulate and realise a procurement/sourcing strategy supporting the delivery of overall profitable sales growth and profitability improvement combined with a compelling customer proposition.
This will involve working closely with key stakeholders within the business to identify commercial opportunities, clarify business requirements and determine appropriate commercial strategies which deliver cost efficiencies & service improvements.
- Provide insights on relevant market developments with regard to suppliers, price and cost developments. Attend relevant events / activities applicable to own product portfolio
- Build, maintain and own nominated vendor relationships and a network of relevant internal and external (strategic) suppliers and business contacts at a senior management level
- Sourcing strategy - Develop the overall sourcing strategy to be followed and implemented by the team. Ensure that process is followed consistently, effectively and efficiently by the team and maintain the quality of service.
- Sourcing deployment –Ensure the team effectively implement the sourcing process into an effective sourcing plan defining, prioritizing and implementing (multiple) optimization solutions (buying alliances, direct sourcing, e-sourcing / e-auctions and commodity sourcing) in line with customer needs and general sourcing strategy. Ensure strong and continual awareness by the team of LCC sourcing including Near East/Far East/Emerging Markets
- Approve and monitor vendor selection, requests for quotations and ultimately vendor management ensuring vendors optimize their cost, quality and delivery of performance
- Ensure Product requirements are collected, assessed and discussed against specific business requirements and needs concerning goods / services to be purchased (quantities, specifications and services levels), ensuring sourced products meets legislation requirements
- Support team and undertake direct negotiation with vendors where appropriate. Determining and implementing for the team the appropriate negotiation strategy with vendors concerning price, rebates , quality and delivery conditions for products and / or services
- Ensure team compliance with defined process maps ensuring excellent levels of service and expertise
- Align and work closely with the associated Category Team ensuring close collaboration and understanding of product assortment requirements. Also ensure product specifications provided are complete and accurate to a consistent level of quality.
- Lead, coach, appraise and develop (the cooperation between) associates core skills, ensuring effective job performance and ability to go beyond when required by the business and customer
- Academic degree with 6 - 8 years of relevant experience in procurement in an international business environment
- CIPS / NEVI qualified or equivalent professional buying qualification
- Strong customer focus and customer awareness
- Has organizational agility, is result driven and able to motivate others
- Planning and priority setting skills, able to work under pressure
- Good leadership skills; as people manager able to motivate and develop others
- Ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment
- Ability to work competently with financial and statistical information, scrutinising it for areas of opportunity and creating action points
- Accountability/integrity; taking ownership of business issues and reliably “walking the talk”
- Innovation management; bringing creative ideas into the business
- Presentation skills; clear communication of ideas to engage and on-board stakeholders
- Able to generate business decisions from statistics in order to shape and improve business activities and drive profitable sales growth
- Fluent knowledge of English, spoken and written. Other language skills such as; Dutch, German, Spanish, French and/or Italian, would be a distinct advantage
What do we offer
We welcome you to a challenging, international environment with great opportunities for you to explore. Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences.
- Depending on experience, a year salary including holiday allowance
- STI Bonus-plan of 20% of the gross annual salary
- 36 days of leave fulltime based (including 12 ADV days)
- Travel expenses paid according to Office Depot guidelines
- Flexible working hours in regard to starting your day between 07:00 and 09:00 am
- Opportunity to buy Office Depot products with a significant employee discount
- Solid company pension scheme with a 3% employee contribution and the remaining part paid by Office Depot
- Attractive collective health insurance and other insurances
- Accident & Disability Insurance paid by Office Depot
- Healthy work-life balance and a contribution from Office Depot for having a Fit for Free membership
If you have any questions, please contact:
HR Recruitment Officer
Office Depot Benelux
Tel. +31 (0)77 323 8557
Apply via email