Corporate Social Responsibility
For AURELIUS focussing on creating shareholder value is built on a bedrock of corporate social responsibility, ethical behaviour and understanding our responsibilities to society, nature and those in less fortunate positions. Accordingly AURELIUS has embedded social and environmental values firmly within its corporate strategy and these find expression in AURELIUS’ business activities.
As a commercial enterprise we embrace our responsibilities – starting with our 15,000 employees. For the companies that we acquire and seek to return to health we strive to be a GOOD HOME not only for their businesses but for all their stakeholders – especially the employees.
Our compass: The Ten Principles of the Global Compact
At AURELIUS we are firmly convinced that long-term business success is possible only when we operate in a responsible manner.
The Ten Principles of the United Nations Global Compact, the world’s largest corporate sustainability initiative, serve as a compass for our activities. The Global Compact is a challenge to companies to align their strategies and operating activities along globally valid principles of human and labour rights, environmental sustainability and anti-corruption.
We follow the Ten Principles of the UN Global Compact:
- AURELIUS supports and respects the protection of international human rights.
- AURELIUS tries to ensure that it is not complicit in human rights violations.
- AURELIUS upholds freedom of assembly and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining.
- AURELIUS works to eliminate all forms of forced and compulsory labour.
- AURELIUS works towards the effective abolition of child labour.
- AURELIUS avoids discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
- AURELIUS follows a precautionary approach to environmental challenges.
- AURELIUS promotes greater environmental awareness.
- AURELIUS encourages the use of environmentally friendly technologies.
- AURELIUS rejects corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.