Corporate Social Responsibility
For AURELIUS, business success is just one side of the coin. The other side is corporate responsibility and ethical behaviour towards society, nature and the less fortunate. Accordingly, AURELIUS has embedded social and ecological values firmly in its company strategy, and these find expression in our business activities.
As a commercial enterprise AURELIUS is aware of its responsbility, and meets it. This starts with the individual employees, who play a central part in our company acquisitions. We want to be a good home, not just for the companies in the AURELIUS Group, but most of all for the employees in those companies.
Our compass: The Ten Principles of the Global Compact
At AURELIUS we are firmly convinced that long-term business success is possible only when we operate in a responsible manner.
The Ten Principles of the United Nations Global Compact, the world’s largest corporate sustainability initiative, serve as a compass for our activities. The Global Compact is a challenge to companies to align their strategies and operating activities along globally valid principles of human and labour rights, environmental sustainability and anti-corruption.
We follow the Ten Principles of the UN Global Compact:
- AURELIUS supports and respects the protection of international human rights.
- AURELIUS tries to ensure that it is not complicit in human rights violations.
- AURELIUS upholds freedom of assembly and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining.
- AURELIUS works to eliminate all forms of forced and compulsory labour.
- AURELIUS works towards the effective abolition of child labour.
- AURELIUS avoids discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
- AURELIUS follows a precautionary approach to environmental challenges.
- AURELIUS promotes greater environmental awareness.
- AURELIUS encourages the use of environmentally friendly technologies.
- AURELIUS rejects corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.
How we implement these principles:
- People, diversity, labour, human rights
- Anti Corruption / Anti Bribery
- Whistleblowing Policy
- Support of dedicated social projects
- AURELIUS Refugee Initiative e.V. - AURELIUS employees campaign for refugees
Environment Social Governance (ESG) – responsible business leadership
ESG means sustained business leadership that meets its responsibilities towards the environment, its employees and society. Only a company that has values, and that operates with an awareness of all of its societal and ecological dimensions, can create value on a sustained basis. Accordingly, AURELIUS integrates ESG aspects into its core business and along the entire value-add chain.
As a portfolio company we apply this commitment to our own company, as well as integrating it in all phases of the investment cycle and the operational management of companies run by AURELIUS.